Sunday, May 10, 2009

May Ah-Ma be well..

Today, Yit Hean & I went to Alyn's house to take care of her grandma..
Alyn had been asking me to take care of her grandma since 2-3 weeks ago after I passed my Home Nursing..
Because her whole family had to go for a wedding ceremony..

Aroung 9.15am, Alny's dad came to pick me up, then to Yit Hean's house..

We reach Alyn's around 10 something..
Her dad prepared a lot of food for the both of us.
Fried 'bihun', curry chicken, 'lo-bak', stir-fried 'mangkuang' & rice (for lunch).. (dont know how to say in English..)
It was a lot, meant for 4-5 person..

We sat down for a while until uncle (Alyn's dad), show us Ah-Ma (Alyn's grandma)..
She was on her back on bed.. She smiled when I said hi..
Our job was to look after her, feed her food & give medicine..

So i fed her biscuits soaked in coffee..
Bit by bit.. Almost every spoon fed to her had a little spill to her cheek..
What to do? First time ma..
Yit Hean at my side assisting me..

Then after her breakfast, I gave her her medicine soluted from tabled to liquid..
She was an odd Ah-Ma.. She only drink coffee..
So, every 2-3 spoon of medicine is followed by 1 spoon of 'kopi o'..
Still, almost every spoon, I spilled some on her cheek..
I said sorry to her, she replied with a smile-"man kin la" ('it's ok' in hokkien)..

After feeding, I wipe her face & left her there..
Yit Hean went studying & I eat the breakfast prepared by uncle..

Every 5-10 minutes we will go check on her..
Then when it was 12.30pm, we're suppose to feed her lunch but she was asleeped..
So, we waited.. While waiting, Alyn called & say that we can use her computer to on-line..
So we went to play with her computer..
Later, she was still not awake yet..

I worry that she might be hungry, so I wake her up..
I asked her if she want to eat but she say she was not hungry..
I keep on checking on her & see if she is awake & wanted some food..
Then she was awake.. So I asked her again.. She said a little..

So I went to the kitchen & get some porridge..
I gave her a small bite.. She chewed.. I offered her coffee..
Then second spoon.. She chew then she spit, indicating that she don't want anymore.. ( that's what uncle told me..)
So I left the porridge on the table..

Later, I ate again.. *lunch* (still a lot left!!)
They come back around 4 something..
Before uncle send us home , he gave us an Ang-Pow..
Oklah.. i just accept la coz i dont think it's much as I'm just providing a minor care..

I reached home, opened the packet only to found out it was RM20..
WoW.. Uncle, you are to kind!!
Thanks so much..

It's great to have my skill use for a good cause..

No comments: