Sunday, April 3, 2011

I have Sinus Tachy!!

It was a normal meetings with the members of the DS when a nervousness suddenly turned into a bouncing beats of palpitation..

I had no worries of this coz I had it before way back when I was Form4 or 5.. Usuallt this attack lasts for only 30mins to almost an hour.. But this time, it lasted for almost 5 hours, even after rest for an hour or so..

With pounding beats palpable on my chest and pulse rate ranging from 130-160bpm, I ask my dad to take my to LWEH..

There I registered and waited for my turn.. The SN took my vital signs but when it come to pulse, she barely felt it as I cant too, so she connect me to the pulse-oximeter, where my pulse is 130bpm.. She suggested for an ECG which shows Sinus Tachy..

ECG

So the doctor ordered 1/2 tab Beta Blocker and monitor me for around 1/2 an hour..
It reduce my pulse from 160+ to around 150 or less..
5mls of blood was taken from me for Thyroid Function Test and I was reffered to a Cardiologist on Monday..
I was allowed to go back and back home pulse went down to around 100bpm..

Went to sleep and woke up with around 84bpm..


*click on the bold/coloured to know more*

4 comments:

terence said...

a lot of science term... i dun und leh... so hw r u nw???

Yuppie said...

dun gv up[
v will support u k
y -group""""
dun 4get tat everything will run smoothlyy k

Yein said...

Terence:
I'm fine now...
Refering to cardiologist on mondey..

Yuppie:
Yes! I wont give up.

Yein said...

Terence: It's medical term.. U can click on the coloured words to learn more.. Haha..